- Promoting a safer environment and culture.
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church.
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
The Parish will:
- Create a safe and caring place for all.
- Have a named Church Safeguarding Officer (CSO) to work with the incumbent and the PCC to implement policy and procedures.
- Safely recruit, train and support all those with any responsibility for children, young people and adults to have the confidence and skills to recognise and respond to abuse.
- Ensure that there is appropriate insurance cover for all activities involving children and adults undertaken in the name of the parish.
- Display in church premises and on the Parish website the details of who to contact if there are safeguarding concerns or support needs.
- Listen to and take seriously all those who disclose abuse.
- Take steps to protect children and adults when a safeguarding concern of any kind arises, following House of Bishops guidance, including notifying the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser (DSA) and statutory agencies immediately.
- Offer support to victims/survivors of abuse regardless of the type of abuse, when or where it occurred.
- Care for and monitor any member of the church community who may pose a risk to children and adults whilst maintaining appropriate confidentiality and the safety of all parties.
- Ensure that health and safety policy, procedures and risk assessments are in place and that these are reviewed annually.
- Review the implementation of the Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practices at least annually.
Each person who works within this church community will agree to abide by this policy and the guidelines established by this church.
This church appoints Vivien Reed as the Church Safeguarding Officer.
Incumbent: Revd Jonathan Kester
Priest Missioner: Revd Julie Khovacs
Churchwardens: Richard Carter and Samantha Singlehurst
Date: 10 June 2021
The next review of this policy will take place at the first PCC meeting following the APCM to be held in April 2022.
This policy was signed by the Priest Missioner and the church wardens.
- Our Safeguarding Officer is Vivien Reed
- Our Children’s Champion is Samantha Singlehurst
- They can also be contacted by calling our office on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday between 10 and 2pm: 020 7235 4482
- The Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser’s number is 020 7932 1124
- In situations of immediate risk contact the police on 999
Westminster City Council
ChildrenSee this page on the Westminster Council website.
Duty Child Protection Advisor: 020 7641 7668
AdultsEmergency / out-of-hours team:
Outside normal office hours this team deals with statutory Mental Health Assessments, other emergencies concerning vulnerable adults and elderly residents, child protection emergencies and other children and family issues.
Tel: 020 7641 6000
Adult Social Care Team:
Supporting adults under the age of 65 with physical disabilities, older people with physical disabilities or mental health problems, and their carers.
Tel: 020 7641 1444 or 020 7641 1175
Text messages: 07944 521615